All-India Survey on Domestic Workers
Part of: Prelims and GS-III – Economy
Context The first All-India Survey on Domestic Workers was launched recently.
- Ministry: Labour and Employment Ministry
- First-of-its-kind survey in India
- The survey would be completed in a year.
- Carried out by: Labour Bureau
- Estimating the number of domestic workers at the national and State levels
- Those engaged in informal employment
- Migrant and non-migrant workers
- Domestic workers staying at their employers’ homes and those who do not; their wages
- Broad parameters to be covered:
- Household Characteristics such as HH size, Religion, Social Group.
- Demographic Characteristics such as Name, Age,
- Age of entry, Social Group, Migrant status, Vocational Training/Education
- Information on Employer Households