ICMR and booster dose
Part of: Prelims and GS-II – Health
Context According to ICMR, There is no scientific evidence so far to support the need for a booster vaccine dose against COVID-19
- According to officials, around 82% of the eligible population in India have received the first dose of the vaccine while around 43% have been fully vaccinated.
What is the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)?
- ICMR, New Delhi is the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination, and promotion of biomedical research.
- Ministry: Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- It is funded by the Government of India
- The Governing Body of ICMR is presided over by the Union Health Minister.
‘Har Ghar Dastak ’ campaign
- A month-long ‘Har Ghar Dastak’ campaign launched for house-to-house COVID-19 vaccination.