First Global Innovation Summit
Part of: Prelims and GS-III – Innovation; Sci and tech
Context The Indian Prime Minister recently inaugurated the first Global Innovation Summit of the pharmaceuticals sector.
- India must think about increasing domestic manufacturing of key ingredients for vaccines and medicines
- Every aspect of healthcare has received global attention over the last two years.
- During the pandemic, India exported lifesaving medicines and medical equipment to over 150 countries during the initial phase.
- India has also exported more than 65 million doses of Covid vaccines to nearly 100 countries this year.
- Policy interventions are being made based on wide consultation with all stakeholders that will create An ecosystem to make India a leader in drug discovery and innovative medical devices.
- The Prime Minister invited the stakeholders to Ideate in India, Innovate in India, Make in India and Make for the World.