Indira Gandhi Peace Prize
Part of: Prelims
Context Pratham, a civil society organisation dedicated to improving the quality of education among underprivileged children in India and across the world, has been selected for the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for 2021.
- The 2021 Prize is awarded to Pratham for its pioneering work over more than 25 years
- in seeking to ensure that every child has access to quality education
- for its innovative use of digital technology to deliver education
- for its programmes to provide skills to young adults
- for its timely response in enabling children to learn during the COVID-19 related school closures
About Indira Gandhi Prize
- The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development, is the prestigious award accorded annually by Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust.
- It is given to individuals or organisations in recognition of creative efforts toward promoting international peace, development and a new international economic order.
- The prize carries a cash award of 2.5 million INR and a citation.
- The panel consists of prominent national and international personalities including previous recipients.
- Location: New Delhi