Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)
Part of: Prelims and GS-II -Education
Context According to Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA), Seven IITs and the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, are among the top 10 central institutions in promotion and support of innovation and entrepreneurship development.
- The top rank has been bagged by the IIT, Madras followed by the IITs in Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur and Roorkee.
- The IISc has bagged the sixth position in the ranking.
Atal Rankings of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)
- Initiative by: Ministry of Education
- Implemented by: AICTE and Ministry’s Innovation Cell
- Aim: To systematically rank higher education institutions and universities in India on indicators related to Innovation, Start-up and Entrepreneurship Development amongst students and faculty.
- Parameters evaluated:
- Patent filed and granted
- Number of registered students and faculty start-ups
- Gund generation by incubated start-ups
- Specialised infrastructure created by institutions to promote innovation and entrepreneurship.