Law commission of India
Part of: Prelims and GS-II -Judiciary
Context The Government has informed the Supreme Court that appointment of the Chairperson and Members of the 22nd Law Commission of India is under consideration.
Law Commission of India
- It is an executive body established by an order of the Government of India.
- It is usually headed by a former Supreme Court judge or a former Chief Justice of a High Court.
- Composition: Chairman, 1 Permanent Member, 1 Member Secretary, 2 Part-time Members, 2 ex-officio
- Tenure: 3 Years
- Function: Advisory body to the Ministry of Law and Justice for “Legal Reforms in India”
- Recommendations: NOT binding