Rain Water Harvesting
Part of: Prelims and GS-III – Conservation
Context Minister of State for Jal Shakti informed Rajya Sabha about the Rain Water Harvesting.
- Though Water is a State subject, Central Government has taken important measures for implementation of rain water harvesting through scientific manner including watershed principles in the country.
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has formulated guidelines for the States to adopt measures suitable to local conditions.
- In addition, a number of States have done notable work in the field of water conservation/harvesting such as
- ‘Mukhyamantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan’ in Rajasthan
- ‘Jalyukt Shibar’ in Maharashtra, ‘Sujalam Sufalam Abhiyan’ in Gujarat
- ‘Mission Kakatiya’ in Telangana
- NeeruChettu’ in Andhra Pradesh
- Jal Jeevan Hariyali in Bihar
- ‘Jal Hi Jeevan’ in Haryana
- Kudimaramath scheme in Tamil Nadu.