Sustainable Urban Development and Service Delivery Program
Part of: Prelims and GS-I -Urbanisation
Context The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed Sustainable Urban Development and Service Delivery Program.
- Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- It is a $350 million policy-based loan to improve access to urban services in India.
- Policy actions and reforms will be accelerated to enhance service delivery and promote performance-based central fiscal transfers to urban local bodies (ULBs).
- ADB will provide knowledge and advisory support to the in program implementation, including monitoring and evaluation.
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- It is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966
- Headquartered: Manila, Philippines.
- ADB aims to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- The ADB was modelled closely on the World Bank, and has a similar weighted voting system.
- It now has 68 members.
- ADB is an official United Nations Observer.
- India was a founding member of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in 1966 and is now the bank’s fourth largest shareholder and top borrower.