AT4 weapon contract
Part of: Prelims and GS-III -Defence and security
Context: Swedish defence major Saab’s AT4 anti-armour weapon had been selected by the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force through a competitive programme for a single-shot weapon.
- This order includes the AT4CS AST, which can be fired from confined spaces such as from inside buildings, bunkers and other urban environments.
- It weighs around 9 kg and has an effective range of 200 m.
- The AT4 systems are combat-proven across the world.
- They are lightweight, single-shot, fully disposable and truly characterised by its ease of use and handling.
- Operated by a single soldier, this single-shot system had proven efficacy against structures, landing craft, helicopters, armoured vehicles and personnel.
News Source: TH