4th India – Australia Energy Dialogue
Part of: Prelims and GS-III- Energy
- The ongoing Energy Transition activities in their respective countries with focus on renewables, energy efficiency, storage, EVs, critical minerals, mining etc.
- Need of Climate Finance was also highlighted by India for meeting the Energy Transition goals of developing countries.
A Letter of Intent between India and Australia on New and Renewable Energy Technology was signed during the Dialogue.
- Pave the way for working towards reducing the cost of new and renewable energy technologies
- Scaling up deployment in order to accelerate global emissions reduction.
- Focus of this LoI: Scaling up manufacture and deployment of ultra-low-cost solar and clean hydrogen.
Other areas of cooperation:
- There is an urgent need to focus on advancing technology and clean energy transition. Energy efficiency technologies
- Grid management
- R&D collaboration on flue gas desulphurisation, biomass or hydrogen co-firing
- Water cycle optimization
- enewables integration
- Electric mobility
- Apart from the power sector, there are many desirable areas of cooperation agreed under
- Reducing costs of Green Hydrogen
- Cooperation in sphere of coal-based energy security and resource deployment
- Investment opportunities in the minerals sector
- Exploring potential for an LNG Partnership
News Source: PIB