1. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. Elucidate. (10 Marks)
अभिवृत्ति एक छोटी सी चीज है जिससे बहुत फर्क पड़ता है। स्पष्ट करें।
Candidates need to write about the attitude and then elucidate how attitude matters though being little things or mental construct it makes big difference.
Attitude can be defined as learned tendency to evaluate things in a certain way. This can include evaluations of people, issues, objects, or events. It also involves a set of emotions, beliefs, and behaviours toward a particular object, person, thing, or event. Attitudes are often the result of experience or upbringing, and they can have a powerful influence over behaviour.
- Having a appropriate attitude makes one confident about herself and this in long term not only helps an individual but to all those who are associated with her.
- Example- Mahatma Gandhi held a strong negative attitude towards violence, this helped us gain independence without any violence thereby saving lives and making strong foundation for Indian constitution.
- One may have high IQ and a sharp logical mind but without the right attitude, both are rendered useless.
- Example- A bureaucrat posted in riot-sensitive area may be very good in management and thinking logically. But she can take precautionary measures and keep things in control only when she has a positive attitude towards all the religions.
- A person with positive attitude sees even failure as possibility of having something better. Positive attitude towards difficult situations makes one resilient.
- Example- 12 boys along with their coach could stay in Thai cave for days without food just because they had positive attitude towards life.
- An attitude based on values and beliefswill act according to the values. For example in India touching feet of elders is guided by attitude of giving respect to them.
- To Protect self-esteem or that justify actions that make people feel guilty. For example, children might defend themselves against the feelings of humiliation they have experienced adopt a defensive attitude.
Life will always happen to one as it happens to everybody but one’s attitude will determine how far one gets in life. Thus right attitude can lead to big things to showing zero tolerance toward corruption, pro-poor, welfare for weaker sections, listening to public grievances.