2. Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Do you agree? Substantiate with the help of suitable examples. (10 Marks)
अभिवृत्ति की कमजोरी चरित्र की कमजोरी बन जाती है। क्या आप सहमत हैं? उपयुक्त उदाहरणों की सहायता से पुष्टि कीजिए।
Students are expected to write about the character and attitude also highlight how weakness of attitude has reflection on character. Substantiate the arguments with suitable examples.
Attitude refers to the way you think about a situation and the way you approach it. Character, though, is what makes you act the way you do. Attitude and character are two words that appear similar in sense . Attitude is influenced and driven by our temperament, character and personality. Character could be described as, you when no one is looking, or the sum of your habits.
- Your attitude towards life and your response to a certain situation builds up your character.
- Weakness in attitude or in other words having a negative attitude weakens your character. Similarly negative attitude lead to negative behaviour.
- For example, if a person have a negative attitude towards women, he will discriminate women in all fronts of life.
- One will have to focus on self and learn about virtues and how they correspond to life. This is how you can have a strong attitude which will ultimately help you to build a strong character.
- Civil servants are the face of any government. Their attitude towards the citizenry becomes a reflection of the state. A positive attitude is considered to be an essential characteristic of a civil servant who is often required to function under extreme stress. It helps for example improving his/her problem-solving abilities and improving his/her decision-making skills.
- One must be humble when he has won a match. And if you lose it, then you must smile and congratulate your opponent and be more motivated and determined for the next match. This type of positivity in your attitude will help you to build a strong character.
- Selfish attitude will guide individual’s action in same manner. For example cricketer who put his self interest and profit above the nation, will take money to loose the game.
- Attitude is one of the main factors that trigger emotions, decision-making, thinking and behaviour in an individual which leads to character building.
- For example Only if the citizens of a country have a positive attitude towards cleanliness, campaigns such as Swatch Bharat Mission (Clean India Mission) will succeed.
- Logic or rational attitudes develop a rational character. For example rational person will not act superstitiously and will always try to find rational behind any act. Will not believe unscientific things.
Attitude plays a vital role in Shaping Mind-set and Personality character of an Individual. It is thus been rightly said ” Attitude is a Little thing that makes a big difference.” Attitude forms a vital component of an individual’s character by manifesting itself in form of thought, behaviour and emotion.