Part of: Prelims and GS-II International Relations
Context: Meeting of the Foreign Ministers of the Quad (India, Australia, United States, Japan), is expected to discuss cooperation on vaccines, technology and regional security issues including related to China.
- The Ministers will review ongoing Quad cooperation and build on the positive and constructive agenda announced by the Leaders at the two Summits in 2021.
- The Quad Foreign Ministers meet is expected to lay the groundwork for the second Quad leaders summit likely to take place this summer.
- Full form: Quadrilateral Security Dialogue
- Countries: USA, Japan, Australia and India
- Aims: The main aim is to enable a regional security architecture for the maintenance of a rules- based order.
- It seeks to contain a ‘rising China’ and work against its predatory trade and economic policies.
News Source: TH