2. In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher. Comment. (10 Marks)
सहनशीलता के अभ्यास में, दुश्मन सबसे अच्छा शिक्षक होता है। टिप्पणी करें।
Students are expected to write about the tolerance and simply highlight how enemy stands as best teacher to learn practice tolerant behavior.
Tolerance is respect, acceptance and appreciation for those whose opinions, practices, race religion, nationality etc. are different from one’s own. It is fostered by exchange of knowledge, openness, communication with adversaries and opponents.
Enemy as best teacher in practicing the tolerance:
- Prevent tendency of intimidation, coercion, oppression etc. Gives Freedom from Bigotry, Phobias like Xenophobia, Homophobia, Theophobia etc.
- It helps in understanding the lacunas in opponent and make appropriate changes. It generates Empathy enables people to understand other humans’ motivation to change and predict how conduct will affect people’s behaviour.
- It attempts to build forgiveness sacrifices and solidarity for the greater good for people with whom we were at tension.
- In today’s new emerging rifts in society person with different religion caste ethnicity are considered enemy. With sharing knowledge and reality the willingness to accept or to tolerate will increase.
- It helps in developing qualities like respect towards faith and belief of different sections and communities without compromising your own beliefs.
- Showing respect for the race, gender, opinions, religion and ideologies of other people or groups, and to admire the good qualities and good work of others.
- Openness empathy towards opponent Doesn’t mean submission but to put your viewpoint and opinion in a respectful manner. Ex. As Gandhi Ji did in freedom struggle to fight injustice learned tolerance from enemy.
Being tolerant of each other and caring for each other is what makes us human. This is why we have believed tolerance is important and an essential aspect of a healthy, livable society. In fact, it is the only way in which a country as diverse as India (Politically, religiously, economically) can function and use each and every difference to make its people thrive rather than suffer.