SAMARTH initiative for women
Part of: Prelims and GS-II Policies and interventions
Context: Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, (MSME) recently launched a Special Entrepreneurship Promotion Drive for Women – “SAMARTH” on the occasion of International Women’s Day 2022 which is celebrated on 8th March every year.
- Through this initiative, the Ministry is focusing on providing Skill Development and Market Development Assistance to women
- Under the Samarth initiative, 20% seats in free Skill Development Programs organized under skill development schemes of the Ministry will be allocated for Women.
- More than 7,500 women will be benefitted.
- 20% of MSME Business Delegations sent to domestic and international exhibitions under the schemes for Marketing Assistance will be dedicated to women owned MSMEs.
- The ministry is also continuously making efforts to develop entrepreneurship culture among women by offering several additional benefits for women in various schemes implemented by the Ministry.
News Source: Newsonair
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…