Indian Polity & Constitution
In News: In the occurrence of recent events of bird strikes during the flight, Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has issued directives to all airport operators, it has asked all airports to “review their wildlife hazard management plans” for “within and outside the airfield”
Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is a statutory body of the Government of India to regulate civil aviation in India, primarily dealing with safety issues.
- The headquarters are located in New Delhi with regional offices in the various parts of India.
- Mandate: DGCA is responsible for the regulation of air transport services to/from/within India and for enforcement of civil air regulations, air safety, and airworthiness standards.
- Registration of civil aircraft
- Formulation of standards of airworthiness for civil aircraft registered in India and grant of certificates of airworthiness to such aircraft.
- Licensing of pilots, aircraft maintenance engineers and flight engineers, and conducting examinations and checks for that purpose
- Licensing of air traffic controllers
- Conducting an investigation into accidents/incidents and taking accident prevention measures including formulation of implementation of Safety Aviation Management programs.
- Coordination at the national level for flexi-use of air space by civil and military air traffic agencies and interaction with ICAO for provision of more air routes for civil use through Indian air space.
- Promoting indigenous design and manufacture of aircraft and aircraft components by acting as a catalytic agent
Previous Year Questions
Q.1) With reference to the “Tea Board” in India, consider the following statements: (2022)
- The Tea Board is a statutory body.
- It is a regulatory body attached to the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- The Tea Board’s Head Office is situated in Bengaluru.
- The Board has overseas offic
- e at Dubai and Moscow.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
- 1 and 3
- 2 and 4
- 3 and 4
- 1 and 4
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…