In News: The third edition of the India Innovation Index 2021 was released by NITI Aayog.
India Innovation Index
- Prepared by NITI Aayog and the Institute for Competitiveness, the India Innovation Index is a comprehensive tool for the evaluation and development of the country’s innovation ecosystem.
- It seeks to rank the states and union territories based on their relative performance of supporting innovation, and to empower them to improve their innovation polices by highlighting their strengths and weaknesses.
- The third edition highlights the scope of innovation analysis in the country by drawing on the framework of the Global Innovation Index.
- The number of indicators has increased from 36 in 2020 to 66 2021.
- The indicators are now distributed across 16 sub-pillars, which, in turn, form seven key pillars.
- Human Capital
- Knowledge Workers
- Business Environment
- Safety and Legal Environment
- Knowledge Output
- Knowledge Diffusion
- Karnataka (Major States), Manipur (North East and Hill States) and Chandigarh (Union Territories and City States) have topped in their respective categories in the third edition of NITI Aayog’s India Innovation Index.
Previous Year Question
Q.1) “Rule of Law Index” is released by which of the following? (2018)
- Amnesty International
- International Court of Justice
- The Office Of UN Commissioner for Human Rights
- World Justice Project