- Indian graziers were stopped by the Chinese army at Demchok in Ladakh.
- The Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) objected to the presence of graziers within India’s perception of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) near Saddle Pass at CNN junction in Demchok.
- In 2018, China had pitched tents metres away from the Charding Nilung Nallah in Demchok or the CNN junction.
- India and China have held 16 rounds of meetings of Senior Commanders so far.
- Both sides failed to achieve a breakthrough for disengagement at Patrolling Point 15 in the Hot Springs area.
- With disengagement completed on the north and south bank of Pangong Tso, a phased disengagement is yet to take place in other friction areas in Eastern Ladakh, including Depsang and Demchok sectors.
Source: The Hindu
Previous Year Question
Q.1) Siachen Glacier is situated to the (2020)
- East of Aksai Chin
- East of Leh
- North of Gilgit
- North of Nubra Valley