Context: Army chief General Manoj Pande visited the Ladakh sector to review Exercise Parvat Prahar.
- The exercise comes as India and China are undertaking disengagement from Patrolling Point-15 in eastern Ladakh.
- The exercise was held in the Ladakh plateau at an altitude of 14,000 feet.
- This exercise used newly inducted all-terrain vehicles transported by Chinook heavy lift helicopters and K9-Vajra howitzers.
- The exercise featured a display of operational capabilities by artillery guns and other key weapon systems.
- Simultaneously on the western front, Exercise Gagan Strike culminated with a fire power display of attack helicopters supporting deep operations by Strike Corps.
Previous Year Question
Q.1) Siachen Glacier is situated to the (2020)
- East of Aksai Chin
- East of Leh
- North of Gilgit
- North of Nubra Valley