In News: Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Aayog launched the Women centric challenges under the 2nd edition of Atal New India Challenge (ANIC).
- ANIC is an initiative by AIM, NITI Aayog.
- It aims to seek, select, support and nurture technology-based innovations that solve sectoral challenges of national importance and societal relevance through a grant-based mechanism of up to ₹1 crore
- The Woman centric challenges address the major issues faced by women from all spheres of life including driving women hygiene through innovation, innovations to improve women’s safety, professional networking opportunities for women, innovations that make working mothers’ life better, and easing the life of Rural Women.
Atal Innovation Mission:
- It is Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
- AIM’s objectives are:
- To develop new programmes and policies for fostering innovation in different sectors of the economy.
- To provide platform and collaboration opportunities for different stakeholders.
- To create awareness.
- To create an umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of the country.
- Atal Tinkering Labs-Creating problem solving mindset across schools in India.
- Atal Incubation Centers-Fostering world class startups and adding a new dimension to the incubator model.
- Atal New India Challenges(ANIC)-Fostering product innovations and aligning them to the needs of various sectors/ministeries.
- Mentor India Campaign– A national Mentor network in collaboration with public sector, corporates and institutions, to support all the intiatives of the mission.
- Atal Community Innovation Center– To stimulate community centric innovation and ideas in the unserved /underserved regions of the country including Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.s
- ARISE-To stimulate innovation and research in the MSME industry.
- AIM-iCREST – an Incubator Capabilities enhancement program for startups.
- AIM-PRIME – to promote and support science-based deep-tech start-ups & ventures with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
Source Newson air