Context: Elon Musk owned SpaceX recently launched the Falcon Heavy rocket into a geosynchronous Earth orbit in Florida, U.S.
About Falcon Heavy Rocket:
- This is considered as a National Security Space Launch for the U.S. military.
- The company hails this as the most powerful operational rocket in the world.
- This is the fourth launch of the giant rocket system, and the first one in nearly three years since its last launch in 2019.
- The rocket is carrying satellites to space for the U.S. military in a mission named as U.S. Space Force (USSF)-44.
The mission deployed two spacecraft payloads:
- One is the TETRA 1 microsatellite created for various prototype missions in and around the geosynchronous earth orbit.
- It will place the satellites for the Space Systems Command’s Innovation and Prototyping.
- Space Systems Command (SSC) is the oldest military space organisation in the United States Armed Forces.
- It is responsible for developing, acquiring, equipping, fielding and sustaining lethal and resilient space capabilities.
- SSC mission capability areas include launch acquisition and operations, communications and positioning, navigation and timing, space sensing, battle management command, control, and communications, and space domain awareness and combat power.
Previous Year Question
Q.1) Which one of the following statements best reflects the idea behind the “Fractional Orbital Bombardment System” often talked about in media? (2022)
- A hypersonic missile is launched into space to counter the asteroid approaching the Earth and explode it in space.
- A spacecraft lands on another planet after making several orbital motions.
- A missile is put into a stable orbit around the Earth and deorbits over a target on the Earth.
- A spacecraft moves along a comet with the same surface. speed and places a probe on its.