Context: The Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance notifies Scheme for Financial Support for Project Development Expenses of PPP Projects – India Infrastructure Project Development Fund Scheme (IIPDF Scheme).
- The India Infrastructure Project Development Fund IIPDF’s primary objective would be to fund potential PPP projects’ project development expenses including costs of engaging consultants and Transaction Advisor, thus increasing the quality and quantity of successful PPPs.
- It aims to provide necessary support to the PSAs, both in the Central and State Governments, by extending financial assistance in meeting the cost of transaction advisors and consultants engaged in the development of PPP projects.
- It is a Central Sector Scheme.
- Funding under IIPDF Scheme is in addition to the already operational Scheme for Financial Support to PPPs in Infrastructure (Viability Gap Funding Scheme).
- Through the VGF scheme infrastructure projects undertaken through PPP mode that are economically justified but commercially unviable are supported.