- Run by Department of Social Justice and Empowerment
- It is a central sector scheme
- To improve the quality of life of the Senior Citizens by providing basic amenities like shelter, food, medical care and entertainment opportunities, free of cost to indigent senior citizens.
- Provision of financial security, healthcare, nutrition, shelter, welfare etc. for senior citizens.
- Encouraging productive and active ageing through providing support for capacity building of State/ UT Governments/Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)/Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) / local bodies and the community at large.
Integrated Programme for Senior Citizens(IPSrC):
- It is a component of AVYAY
- Functions: Senior citizen homes (old age homes) are provided in gap districts, i.e. districts not having senior citizen homes which includes senior citizen homes not being maintained even by the State Government.
- Applications are invited from eligible organisations on e-Anudaan portal only.
- Organisations are then selected on the basis of documents provided by them, and also the recommendation of the respective State/ UT Government.