In News: Two of the premiere institutes under the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) of the Ministry of Ayush namely, Central Ayurveda Research Institute (CARI), New Delhi, and Central Ayurveda Research Institute, Jhansi, have been accredited with NABH and NABL accreditations, respectively.
- Apart from these two CCRAS institutes, National Ayurveda Research Institute for Panchakarma (NARIP), Cheruthuruthy, Thrissur, Kerala has also got NABL M(EL)T accreditation for its clinical laboratory services. NARIP, Kerala is one of the premier research Institute under the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences, Ministry of Ayush..
Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS)
- It is an autonomous body under Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India
- It is an apex body in India for undertaking, coordinating, formulating, developing and promoting research on scientific lines in Ayurvedic Sciences.
- Aim: To develop scientific evidence in Ayurvedic Principles, drug therapies by way of integrating ancient wisdom with modern technology and to bring Ayurveda to the people through scientific innovations related to diagnostics, preventive, promotive as well as treatment methods and also introduce scientific research for sustained availability of quality natural resources, to translate them into products and processes and in synergy with concerned organizations to introduce these innovations into public health systems
- NABH accreditation is a standard Quality assurance process of self and external evaluation at par with international quality standards for healthcare provider sector.
- It is a constituent board of the Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programs for healthcare organizations.
- The accreditation focus on patient safety and quality of healthcare based upon national/international standards
Central Ayurveda Research Institute(CARI), New Delhi
- It was established in 1979 under the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), Ministry of Ayush
- It is dedicated to Clinical Research in Ayurveda and extends health care services through special OPDs in Ayurveda as General OPD, Preventive Cardiology & Lifestyle Changes, ENT OPD, Geriatric OPD, Balroga, Sandhiroga, Clinical Psychology, and Marma OPD.
Central Ayurveda Research Institute(CARI), Jhansi (U.P.)
- It is one of the premium institutes of CCRAS, Ministry of Ayush
- It has state-of-the-art Quality Control Laboratories (Chemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacognosy), Ayurvedic Pharmacy, Central Herbarium and Museum, and National Raw Drugs Repository (NRDR).