- Under Ministry of Ayush
- Central Sector Scheme
- From the Financial Year 2021-22
- Two components (i) AYUSH and Public Health (PHI) and (ii) Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- Started by merging two erstwhile schemes of this Ministry namely (i) Scheme of Grant-in-Aid for Promotion of AYUSH Intervention in Public Health Initiatives and (ii) Scheme for assistance to AYUSH organizations (Government / Non-Government Non-Profit) engaged in AYUSH Education/ Drug Development & Research / Clinical Research etc. for upgradation to Centre of Excellence (CoE).
Objectives of CoE component:
- To support establishment of advanced/ specialized AYUSH medical health unit in reputed AYUSH and Allopathic institutions both in Government and Non-Government sector.
- To support creative and innovative proposals for establishment and upgradation of both functions and facilities of reputed institutions to strengthen competencies of AYUSH professionals in education technology, research & innovation and such other fields necessary for promotion of AYUSH at national as well as international level.
- To support creative and innovative proposals for prestigious organizations which have well-established buildings and infrastructure, and wish to work for AYUSH systems to the level of Centre of Excellence.
Features of CoE:
- Financial assistance is provided to eligible individual organizations/institutes for establishing and upgrading their functions & facilities and/or for research & development activities in AYUSH.
- The maximum admissible financial assistance is Rs.10.00 crores for maximum period of three years.
- There is no provision for State/UT-wise sanction/allocation of funds
- Health care services i.e. preventive, promotive, curative and palliative health care services are provided by the grantee organizations/institutions all over the country as per the objectives of the projects including Economical Weaker Section of the society as per scheme guidelines.
- No organization/institute of Puducherry is supported under erstwhile Centre of Excellence scheme and Centre of Excellence component of AYURSWASTHYA Yojana.
- There is provision to support AYUSH institutions/organizations for their up-gradation to the level of Centre of Excellence.