In News: Chief of Naval Staff Admiral R. Hari Kumar said the integration of aircraft with the newly commissioned aircraft carrier INS Vikrant is likely to be accomplished by May or June next year.
- The Indian Navy’s first small ship was commissioned indigenously in 1960.
- INS Vikrant is 76% indigenous
- In the last seven years, 29 ships and submarines built in India have been commissioned.
MUST READ INS Vikrant
Source: The Hindu
Previous Year Question
Q.1) Which one of the following is the best description of ‘INS Astradharini’, that was in the news recently?
- Amphibious warfare ship
- Nuclear-powered submarine
- Torpedo launch and recovery vessel
- Nuclear-powered aircraft carrier