Context: The National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) under the Chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary met recently and reviewed preparedness of Central Ministries/Agencies, and State/Union Territory Governments to review preparedness for the possible cyclonic storm over the Bay of Bengal.
About National Crisis Management Committee:
- It is a committee set up by the Government of India in the wake of a natural calamity for effective coordination and implementation of relief measures and operations.
- It is headed by Cabinet Secretary.
- On the constitution of such a committee, the Agriculture Secretary shall provide all necessary information to and seek directions.
- It has been constituted in the Cabinet Secretariat.
- Oversee the Command, Control and Coordination of the disaster response.
- Give direction to the Crisis Management Group (CMG) as deemed necessary.
- Cabinet Secretary (Chairperson).
- Secretaries of Ministries / Departments and agencies with specific Disaster management responsibilities.