In News: Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya reviewed Air Suvidha system and RT-PCR testing facilities for international passengers at the Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi.
What is Air Suvidha?
- Air Suvidha is a system of self-reporting and exemption for all international passengers arriving from at-risk countries.
- All passengers can apply online for a self-declaration/self-reporting form to declare their current health status.
- The mandatory self-reporting application is forwarded to the Airport Health Organisation (APHO) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Passengers can then refer to their email for the updated application document and approval.
- Using the Self Reporting application’s request number, passengers can auto-fill the application for exemption as well.
What do International Passengers need to do?
- All international passengers arriving in India from at-risk countries are mandated to declare their current health status on the Air Suvidha portal before boarding their flight. They also need to upload necessary documents including a copy of their passport.
- They need to upload a negative RT-PCR report (conducted within 72 hrs before the journey) and complete a vaccination certificate/proof.
- RT-PCR test has been made mandatory for flyers coming from China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, and Thailand from 1st of this month.
- This requirement is in addition to the random two percent tests of all international passengers on all incoming international flights on their arrival to India.
- They may need to declare the travel history of the last 14 days.
- They may also need to quarantine for the mandated period after arrival.
- Other details that may be required are name and personal details, flight details including seat, and PNR number of the flight. Date of arrival and complete address of arrival destination.
- People who are exempted from mandatory institution quarantine:
- Pregnant women
- Those who recently suffered a death in the family.
- Those suffering from serious illnesses (Description needed).
- Parents accompanied by children below 10 years.
- Those carrying COVID-19 negative certificates (RT PCR test only).
- The exemption request form must be filled out and submitted online with supporting documents 72 hours before boarding the flight. The requests will be approved/rejected online by respective state authorities.
Source: News on air