Context: The President of India Approved the conferment of 43 persons for Jeevan Raksha Padak Series of Awards-2022 out of which four are posthumous.
About Jeevan Raksha Padak 2022:
- It’s a series of awards given to a person for a meritorious act of human nature in saving the life of a person.
- It is given in three categories, namely,
- Sarvottam Jeevan Raksha Padak: Awarded for conspicuous courage in saving life under circumstances of very great danger to the life of the rescuer.
- Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak: Awarded for courage and promptitude in saving life under circumstances of great danger to the life of the rescuer.
- Jeevan Raksha Padak: Awarded for courage and promptitude in saving life under circumstances of grave bodily injury to the rescuer.
- The Awards Committee makes its recommendations to the Prime Minister and the President.
Conditions of Eligibility:
- Awarded for courage and promptitude in saving life from drowning, fire, rescue operations in mines, rescuer displayed in an act or a series of acts of human nature in saving life from drowning, fire rescue operations in mines.
- The medal may be awarded posthumously.
- Persons of either sex in all walks of life, other than the members of the Armed Forces, Police Forces and of recognized Fire Services, if the act is performed by them in the course of duty.
Previous Year Question
Q.1) Consider the following statements in respect of Bharat Ratna and Padma Awards:
- Bharat Ratna and Padma awards are titles under the Article 18 (1) of the Constitution of India.
- Padma Awards, which were instituted in the year 1954, were suspended only once.
- The number of Bharat Ratna Awards is restricted to a maximum of five in a particular year.
Which of the above statements are not correct? (2021)
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…