In News: Under The Health and Healthcare Community Dinner organized by World Economic Forum at Davos, Switzerland, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said that India has initiated multiple schemes to strengthen health systems and improve health service delivery with focus on quality, accessibility, and affordability of healthcare services.
- Government is committed to implement the vision of Antyodaya as part of its pursuit of ensuring Universal Health Coverage.
- Adopted in Union Budget 2017-18, Mission Antyodaya is a convergence and accountability framework aiming to bring optimum use and management of resources allocated by 27 Ministries/ Department of the Government of India under various programmes for the development of rural areas.
- It is envisaged as state-led initiative with Gram Panchayats as focal points of convergence efforts.
- Annual survey in Gram Panchayats across the country is an important aspect of Mission Antyodaya framework.
- It is carried out coterminous with the People’s Plan Campaign (PPC) of Ministry of Panchayat Raj and its’ purpose is to lend support to the process of participatory planning for Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP).
- Mission Antyodaya focus on most backward districts.
- The convergence of multiple schemes under a single scheme could enable the government to migrate all these to the digital Aadhar-enabled platform thereby contributing further to the Digital India mission.
- Ministry of Rural Development offers mobile app.