- A dedicated body created to assist the athletes who are selected under the Target Olympic Podium (TOP) scheme.
- The MOC is under the chairmanship of the Director General, Sports Authority (DG, SAI).
- The committee meetings are attended by representatives of the respective national sports federations (NSFs) and project officers of the SAI besides other members.
- The idea of the MOC is to debate, discuss and decide the processes and methods so that the athletes receive the best assistance.
- The MOC also focuses on selection, exclusion and retention of athletes, coaches and training institutes that can receive TOPS assistance.
The selected athletes can seek assistance under the scheme for the following:
- Customized training under reputed coaches at institutes having world-class facilities.
- Participation in international competition.
- Purchase of equipment.
- Services of personnel like physical trainer, sports psychologist, mental trainer and physiotherapist.
- Any other support specific to the sport discipline.
- Out-of-pocket allowance of INR 50,000 a month to the athletes as an incentive
Target Olympic Podium Scheme
- Formulated in July 2014 under the overall ambit of National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) with the aim to identify, groom and prepare potential medal prospects for the olympic and paralympic games.
- It is a flagship program of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- The idea of the scheme is to also keep an eye on the future and fund a developmental group of athletes who are medal prospects for the Olympic games in Paris in 2024 and Los Angeles in 2028.