In News: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag off the ‘MV Ganga Vilas’ from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
MV Ganga Vilas
- It is the world’s longest river cruise.
- The luxury cruise will cover more than 3,200 kilometres across 27 river systems in five States in India and Bangladesh.
- The MV Ganga Vilas cruise is curated to bring out the best of the country to be showcased to the world.
- The 51 days cruise is planned with visits to 50 tourist spots including World Heritage Sights, National Parks, river Ghats, and major cities like Patna in Bihar, Sahib Ganj in Jharkhand, Kolkata in West Bengal, Dhaka in Bangladesh and Guwahati in Assam.
- The MV Ganga Vilas vessel is 62 meters in length, 12 meters in width.
- It has three decks, 18 suites on board with a capacity of 36 tourists, with all the amenities to provide a memorable and luxurious experience for the tourists.
- The ship is equipped with pollution-free mechanisms and noise control technologies.
- The maiden voyage of MV Ganga Vilas will witness 32 tourists from Switzerland relishing the Varanasi to Dibrugarh journey.
- The development of this sector would generate employment opportunities in the hinterland. The river tourism circuits will be developed and integrated with the existing tourism circuits for maximum exposure and rapid development of this sector in the country.
Source: News on air