- Established in the memory of Jawaharlal Nehru (1889-1964)
- An autonomous institution under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India
- Located in the majestic Teen Murti House, the official residence of the first Prime Minister of India.
- It has four major constituents, namely:
- Memorial Museum
- A library on modern India
- A Centre for Contemporary Studies
- The Nehru Planetarium.
- The NMML houses a specialized library which has been designed and developed as a specific research and reference centre on colonial and post-colonial India with its very rich and varied collection of books, journals, photographs and other resource materials on microfilm and microfiche.
- The NMML has a rich manuscript section. It also acquires and preserves private papers of distinguished individuals and records of political and other non-official organizations, associations and societies that played a significant role in the development of modern India. These archival materials which form the primary source of information for research are made available to scholars.
News Source: PIB