Context: Recently, 15 railway stations under Tiruchi Division Railway Division were selected to be developed under the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme.
About Amrit Bharat Station Scheme:
- The Union Ministry of Railways launched Amrit Bharat Station Scheme in December 2022 to modernize over 1,000 small stations over the coming years.
- The scheme will subsume all previous redevelopment projects where work is yet to begin.
- Key features for these proposed stations:
- provisions for roof top plazas,
- longer platforms,
- ballastless tracks; and
- 5G connectivity.
- Other Facilities Planned under this Scheme
- Smooth access by widening of roads, properly designed signages, dedicated pedestrian pathways, well planned parking areas, improved lighting.
- High level platforms(760-840 mm) shall be provided at all categories of stations.
- Provide good cafeteria/retail facilities.
- Space shall also be created for Executive Lounges and places for small business meetings.
- Drainage of platform areas.
- Ceremonial flags may be provided at appropriate space in the station.
- Special amenities for the disabled.
- Gradual shift to sustainable and environmentally friendly solutions as per availability of funds and condition of existing assets is considered.
Source: The Hindu
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…