GS 3, Internal Security, TLP-UPSC Mains Answer Writing
Discuss the impact of unequal distribution of resources and opportunities on the spread of extremism in India, and evaluate the role of government policies and programs in promoting inclusive development and reducing inequality.
भारत में उग्रवाद के प्रसार पर संसाधनों और अवसरों के असमान वितरण के प्रभाव पर चर्चा करें, और समावेशी विकास को बढ़ावा देने और असमानता को कम करने में सरकारी नीतियों और कार्यक्रमों की भूमिका का मूल्यांकन करें।
A simple straightforward question where candidates need to write about impact of unequal distribution of resources on extremism in India, in second part write about govt initiatives to reduce inequality and promote inclusive development.
The unequal distribution of resources can lead to social and economic inequalities, which can create a sense of frustration and disillusionment among certain groups. This can make them more susceptible to extremist ideologies that promise a solution to their grievances.
Poverty and lack of opportunities can also drive individuals towards extremism as a means of survival. Therefore, unequal distribution of resources can contribute to the spread of extremism.
- The unequal distribution of resources can have a significant impact on the spread of extremism. This can happen in the following ways:
- Economic Inequality: Unequal distribution of resources leads to economic inequality and poverty, which can breed frustration and anger among certain sections of society. This makes them vulnerable to extremist ideologies that promise to address their grievances.
- Lack of Opportunities: People living in poverty-stricken areas often lack access to education, healthcare, and employment opportunities. This can drive them towards extremism, as they see it as a means of survival.
- Political Disenfranchisement: In areas where resources are not distributed fairly, certain groups may feel excluded from political processes and decision-making. This can fuel a sense of injustice, leading to extremism.
- Social Discontent: Unequal distribution of resources can also lead to social tensions and divisions, with certain groups feeling excluded and marginalized. This can increase the appeal of extremist ideologies that promote a sense of belonging and unity.
- unequal distribution of resources can create the conditions that make people vulnerable to extremist ideologies and can contribute to the spread of extremism.
Role of govt policies in reducing inequality-
- Government policies play a crucial role in reducing inequality. The following are some of the ways in which government policies can help to reduce inequality,
- Taxation: The government can use tax policies to redistribute wealth and income, by levying higher taxes on the wealthy and using the revenue to support programs that benefit the poor and middle class.
- Social Safety Nets: Governments can implement social safety net programs, such as food assistance, unemployment benefits, and housing subsidies, to provide a basic level of support for those who are struggling to make ends meet.
- Education and Job Training: Investment in education and job training can help to reduce inequality by providing individuals with the skills and knowledge they need to compete for better-paying jobs.
- Affordable Housing: Governments can implement policies to increase the supply of affordable housing, such as zoning laws, tax incentives for developers, and subsidies for low-income renters.
- Healthcare: Providing access to quality healthcare can help to reduce inequality by ensuring that everyone has access to the medical care they need, regardless of their income level.
- government policies can play a significant role in reducing inequality by redistributing wealth and income, providing support to those in need, and investing in programs that help to level the playing field.”Indian govt policies in promoting inclusive development
- The Indian government has implemented various policies to promote inclusive development in the country. Some of these policies include:
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY): This scheme aims to provide financial inclusion to the unbanked population by offering them access to a range of financial services, such as savings and deposit accounts, remittances, credit, insurance, and pension.
- Skill India Mission: This initiative focuses on providing job-oriented training to the youth to enhance their employ-ability and increase their income levels.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan: This campaign aims to clean up the streets, roads and infrastructure of India’s cities, towns, and rural areas, and to eliminate open defecation.
- Housing for All by 2022: This scheme aims to provide affordable housing to the economically weaker sections and low-income groups in urban and rural areas.
- Make in India: This initiative aims to promote India as a manufacturing hub and encourage companies to set up manufacturing units in the country, thereby creating job opportunities.
- Digital India: This program focuses on leveraging technology to transform the country into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
- National Health Mission: This mission aims to provide universal access to affordable and quality health care services to all citizens, especially the poor and vulnerable sections of society.
The government plays a crucial role in reducing inequality by implementing policies and programs that address the root causes of inequality and provide support to marginalized communities. Some of the ways in which the government can reduce inequality are Progressive Taxation, Investment in Education,Social Safety Nets,Access to Healthcare,Affordable Housing, these measures can help to reduce inequality and promote inclusiveness .
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…