Context: Recently, the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) commemorated the success of the “SWAYATT” initiative.
About Start-ups, Women and Youth Advantage Through e-transactions (SWAYATT ):
- SWAYATT”, is an initiative to promote Start-ups, Women, and Youth advantage through e-Transactions on the Government eMarketplace (GeM).
- Ministry: Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- The initiative to promote “Start-ups, Women and Youth Advantage Through e-transactions” (SWAYATT) on GeM was first launched in February 2019.
- This will bring together the key stakeholders within the Indian entrepreneurial ecosystem to the Government e-Marketplace the national procurement portal.
About Self-Employed Women’s Association (SEWA-Bharat) :
- It is a federation of women-led institutions providing economic and social support to women in the informal economy.
- It is part of the national SEWA movement and was established in 1984.
- It emerged out of the need to address the SEWA movement’s challenges with geographical expansion and coordination.
- It is a family of SEWA organizations to further informal women workers’ rights, livelihoods, financial independence, education, health, and social security.
- SEWA organizes workers to achieve their goals of full employment and self-reliance through the strategy of struggle and development.
About National Cooperative Union of India (NCUI):
- NCUI was established in 1929.
- It is an all-India Co-operative Institutes Association and was re-named National Co-operative Union of India in 1961.
- It is an apex Cooperative organization representing the entire Indian Cooperative Movement established in 1929.
- The Cooperative Education Field Project was introduced in Nagaland in 2002 with its Head Office in New Delhi.
- to promote and develop the co-operative movement in India
- to educate, guide and assist the people in their efforts
- to build up and expand the co-operative sector
- NCUI membership is open to national and state-level co-operative organizations as well as multi-state co-operative societies.
- As of 30th June 2016, NCUI had 260 members, including, 17 National, 163 State, and 80 Multi-State Cooperatives.
About Small Farmers Agri Consortium (SFAC):
- Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) is an Autonomous Society promoted by the Ministry of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India.
- It was registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 in 1994.
- The Society is governed by a Board of Management which is chaired, ex-officio, by the hon’ble Union minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare as the President and the Secretary, Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, Government of India, is the ex-officio Vice-President.
- SFAC is implementing the central schemes of the Government of India namely VCA, and EGCGS for the economic inclusion of small and marginal farmers in agribusiness activities.
- Society is a pioneer in organizing small and marginal farmers such as Farmer’s Interest Groups, Farmer’s Producers Organizations, and Farmer’s Producers Companies for endowing them with bargaining power and economies of scale.
- It provides a platform for increased accessibility and cheaper availability of agricultural inputs to small and marginal farmers and for establishing forward and backward linkages in supply chain management.
- Recently the Society has been entrusted with the task of implementing the critically important Delhi Kisan Mandi and National Agriculture Market Scheme on an e-platform to progressively free agricultural trade and offer price discovery to farmers.
Previous Year Questions
Q.1) With reference to foreign-owned e-commerce firms operating in India, which of the following statements is/are correct?
- They can sell their own goods in addition to offering their platforms as marketplaces.
- The degree to which they can own big sellers on their platforms is limited.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Q.2) With reference to Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission, consider the following statements: (2022)
- Private and public hospitals must adopt it.
- As it aims to achieve universal health coverage, every citizen of India should be part of it ultimately.
- It has seamless portability across the country.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 and 2 only
- 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…