In India, the place of a ‘Guru’
or a mentor and a guide is above all!
The Guru – Shishya Parampara has a beautiful history, known to all but practised by none in today’s day and age. The process of this direct dissipation of information from the source not only built a knowledge base but also helped in building a strong character in the students.
But when we look around – excessive commercialisation has paved way for only a professional connection between teachers and students. There is a strong lack of connection between the teachers and the students. The fear of asking questions has not helped much in the process of learning as it should have actually happened. The fast-paced lifestyle and accessibility to various resources all at once, have steered many students away from the mentorship that could have served as the single most important starting point for many successes in life.
But let us think for a moment….The stories of teachers like Vishvamitra, Sandinapani and Drona and the anecdotes about the brilliance of students like Ram, Krishna and Arjun are an integral part of our life journey. Isn’t it?
One fine day, when the team was contemplating how best can we serve the veterans who have been in this game but have not tasted their most awaited success yet…we came up with an idea – we wondered if the parampara could be revived!
The decision making process looked like….
We knew that these aspirants must have attended classes and test series earlier. They were putting in the effort but not coming near success. A large amount of self-doubt and frustration for some may also be looming around… so how do we create a program for these veterans that resolves their issue and offer something extremely unique and proven to succeed.
Surprisingly, our team came up with three pillars on which this program should be based quickly – to which we all agreed to –
IS MENTORSHIP IMPORTANT TO CRACK UPSC?
It is famously said – The fastest way to get somewhere is to ask someone who is there already!
In a nutshell, mentorship is a lot of things. For some, wisdom shows up in different places. And for some, it is the age-old culture of the ‘Guru-Shishya’ Parampara. It is the tradition of spiritual relationship and mentoring where teachings are transmitted from a guru “teacher” (गुरु) to a śiṣya (शिष्य, disciple).
Baba's Gurukul TOPPERS
Hear from the students who have cracked UPSC
Baba's Gurukul Feedback
Glimpse of Baba's Gurukul
Problems Faced by Aspirants Which Were Not Taken Care by Regular Coaching
“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
UPSC Preparation is like a ‘Marathon’ and not a ‘100 Meters Sprint’.
- If you try to go too fast, you will run out of fuel. An uphill mile may require a lot from us, but even with this immediate challenge, we have to keep some energy, patience, and passion in reserve for the miles to come.
- UPSC Preparation requires a consistent follow up of a detailed and micro-level planning to excel throughout.
- In Gurukul, we will focus on the micro-planning approach to be followed by every individual. This will ensure that your energy is channelized on a daily basis for months and the outcomes are focused and well planned from Day-1.
“If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” – Michele Ruiz
- Lack of motivation is a hard known reality among aspirants. They start pretty well with high-motivation and aspirations. But the motivation fades away after a few days. To ensure that every aspirant of Gurukul is motivated through out the programme, we have a dedicated team of mentors who will take care of your psychological well being too.
- You can talk to mentors and IASbaba Team and discuss your issues. Most importantly, Gurukul set up will be bound by constant motivational activities and competitive environment that will automatically force you to be in the ‘sphere of influence’ (Determined Peer Group).
“My mentor said, ‘Let’s go do it,’ not ‘You go do it.’ How powerful when someone says, ‘Let’s!’” — Jim Roh
- A SINGLE strategy is not meant to cater to group of individuals. And that’s what happens in regular coaching classes where you are among hundreds and thousands of aspirants sitting in a one-way teaching process. Top of it, there is no mentorship and one-on-one attention and interaction.
- In Gurukul, we will focus on each individual based on their strength and weaknesses. This is the approach that we have been following in Gurukul, where individual learning and progress is given utmost importance.
- And to generate and create the best, we are determined to focus on your end-to-end needs.
Our motto in the mentorship will be LET’S DO IT TOGETHER!
“Take care of the minutes and the hours will take care of themselves.” – Lord Chesterfield
- Time-management is the key in this preparation.
- Since we have a micro-level planning for the entire programme, it is obvious and inherent that the focus will be on effective time-management.
You will be building the foundation from the very start of the programme and consistency in doing so will take care of the end result.
- It is quite natural to lose momentum and you are no exception.
- The Gurukul programme is designed in such a way that you won’t be falling into the trap of irregularity and inconsistency.
- To ensure this, you will have a strong and dedicated peer group along with ‘Mentor-Guru’ to rely on.
- Mains Answer Writing is an integral and crucial aspect of your preparation.
- The vastness of Mains Syllabus and its demand requires a dedicated approach for which you need to practice it a lot.
- Along with strengthening the foundation, you will have regular mains answer writing sessions, tests, discussions and feedback.
- The best part will be the discussions with your mentor on the same.
- This is where ‘Gurukul’ will stand out.
- Timely assessment and analysis are a crucial aspect in one’s journey.
- Since our focus is entirely on strengthening your foundation and micro-level planning techniques, regular tests and assessment/analysis are inherent part of our strategy.
- In regular coaching, there is no accountability and individual assessment and that is where, GURUKUL will make a difference.
- Market is flooded with content and it has become a trend to acquire everything in the market and feel happy about it.
- UPSC is like an ocean but to cross it, diving deep is not required rather swimming with strategy and proper training is the need.
- IASbaba is known for quality content and we have always ensured that the quality never gets compromised.
- Again, a very pertinent aspect of this journey is the feeling of being alone or left out.
- In Gurukul that will be taken care since the whole group will act like a family.
- A quality/good Peer group is extremely important for you to excel or improve your performance and productivity.
- GURUKUL students will be having this advantage of having a great companionship/support of quality aspirants who will automatically push you to work hard and enhance the productivity
- Since you have the companionship of mentor and a great peer group, negativity will be distant fear in any case.
- In the process of learning, it is obvious to fail sometimes but to try consistently is what we will push you for.
- And GURUKUL will make sure that no such negativity prevails through out the journey.
- Procrastination is one of the common problems affecting the aspirants and those who are unable to get out of it, suffers miserably.
- Since GURUKUL students will have a cohort group of sincere aspirants and handholding of mentors, procrastination will be procrastinated from their schedule 😊
GURUKUL ADVANCED for VETERANS
A Rigorous, Intensive Tests & Mentorship Based Programme
Only a limited number of students who are highly dedicated will be selected through multiple rounds of scrutiny. Seats are limited as one on one mentorship is possible only with a limited number of students.
The selection process will be similar to UPSC standards, comprising of one Prelims Test (50 MCQ’s – 100 marks; Syllabus will include current affairs of last one year and static GS topics + Objective CSAT questions), one Mains Test – 150 marks (it will include an essay based on Current Issues and case studies of Ethics to check the approach of candidates) and a Personality Test (it will be conducted to check the dedication of candidates and their level of understanding of Current Issues).
Mode of Test: ONLINE Only
Total Marks: 250
Date of Entrance Test –
- 3rd May 2023 (Wednesday)
Timings – 11:00 am (2 Hours and 30 Minutes)
- Entrance Tests on 3rd May will be ONLINE Only.
- This is NOT a Scholarship Test.
- Last date to register 2nd May 2023 (Tuesday) Till 4 PM
- Students can walk into our offline centers and take the entrance test any day. After the Prelims, Mains Test, and interview the result will be declared 2-3 days after a student takes the test.
- There will be one on one interaction with Mohan sir on a regular basis, and sir will be grooming you personally.
- There will also be a team of MENTORS who will be available and accessible to you on a daily basis.
- They will keep a check on your performance in the tests conducted and guide you according to your strengths and weaknesses.
- Based on your individual Strengths & Weaknesses focus areas will be informed, so that you will be able to enhance your overall score.
- The Mains test evaluation will be done in detail and the student will be given personalised feedback.
- This will help in gradually writing good answers within the time frame given by UPSC.
This will help you in building concepts, form rational opinions, enhance communication skills.
The Program runs for 15 months starting from June 2023 to September 2024.
As you can see in the detailed schedule, we have made this program comprehensive with an intensive plan, materials/notes, regular tests, discussions, classes & guidance so that you are on your toes and this one program is enough for you to crack this exam.
Covering current affairs is a big challenge for many aspirants. Most of the time students are confused about which sources to refer to. what to read? what not to read? to what depth to read?
Here comes Babapedia to your rescue. Babapedia is divided into Prelimspedia and Mainspedia for both your prelims and mains preparation. It is one of its kind compendium of current affairs.
- Prelimspedia gets updated on a daily basis. The only thing required is to log into your account every day and go through the precise and crisp current affairs notes updated daily on Babapedia! Isn’t that awesome?
- Mainspedia also gets updated on a daily basis. It is one of its kind initiative where we declutter the most important editorials across national dailies to bring you relevant and ready ‘Introductions’, ‘Conclusions’, ‘facts’, and ‘data’ in tabular format.
We will be providing the Mainspedia Articles in the Answer Writing Format (Introduction, Body, Conclusion).
- You will get unlimited complimentary access to Current Affairs content from 2016 onwards till mid-May 2024. Babapedia is categorized Day-wise, Month-wise and Subject-wise, to make it very user-friendly and easily accessible!
- For easy revision, we are coming up with monthly Prelimspedia Compilations.
(Each selected after an Extensive Process of ‘Entrance Test’ which involves Prelims, Mains & Interview) – A good peer group is required to push you to your limits. All of you will be able to interact with each other. This will boost healthy competition. This will also help you in gauging your level of preparation in comparison with the best of the bests.
Special Strategy sessions will be taken to make you learn How to Tackle each Subject and How to make Notes like a Topper!
- Strategy Class – For Prelims on how to clear the cut-off & maximize your score with Previous Year Question (PYQ) Analysis.
- CSAT Classes – Since it has become an Achilles heel for many aspirants.
- Approach Class – On how to approach/read each Paper (GS1, GS2, GS3), value additions & expectations from UPSC along with PYQ Analysis.
- Strategy Class – On nuances of Answer Writing – how to start with answer writing, Time Management, value additions in each paper & maximize your marks in Mains etc.
- Discussion Class after each Mains Test
- Special Approach Class for Ethics – Focusing on Theory and Case Studies
- Special Approach Class for Essay – Focusing on both Theme based and Philosophical Essays.
Current Affairs’ Classes:
Weekly current affairs recorded classes will be provided on the portal.
- Single point source for weekly roundup of current affairs will benefit students in reducing the burden of going through multiple sources.
- Classes can be watched at their convenience any number of times.
- Comprehensiveness of class will ensure that students master current affairs to enhance their prelims and mains scores.
- Students can select any two subjects, depending upon their need and recorded classes of the same will be made available. (After few months into the course) Students can opt for the subjects in which they are weak. Classes will help them grab concepts better.
- Students can watch at their convenience and without any restrictions on number of views.
- Single point source for their weak subjects will reduce student burden and make their preparation hassle free.
Total 173 Tests (95 MAINS Tests + 78 PRELIMS Tests)
Exclusive CURRENT AFFAIRS TESTS for both Prelims and Mains.
Every 6th Day – Prelims + Mains Test
Every 7th Day – Revision Holiday
Every Two Weeks – Exclusive Current Affairs Test (Prelims & Mains)
Every Two Weeks – Exclusive Essay Test
The Prelims Tests are divided into (Total of 78 Tests)
22 Current Affairs Tests (May 2023 to March 2024)
27 Sectional Wise Tests
6 Subject-wise Revision Sectional Tests
3 Exclusive Tests (Map based, Economic Survey & Budget, Government Schemes & Policies)
10 Full-Length Mock Tests
10 CSAT Full-Length Tests
The Mains Tests are divided into (Total of 95 Tests)
22 Current Affairs Tests – 1 Hour
46 Sectional and Revision Tests (GS1, GS2, GS3, GS4)
17 Exclusive ESSAY Tests – Theme based and philosophical – 1.5 Hours
10 Full-length MOCK Tests (GS1, GS2, GS3, GS4) – 3 Hours
Note: Every Mains Test will be Evaluated & Synopsis (Except for Essay Tests) will be provided along with Discussion & Strategy Classes before & after the Mains Tests.
The Schedule is designed in such a way that the targets are achievable for a sincere and serious aspirant. The schedule is practical, in the sense that adequate time is given to prepare for each test along with optimum revision time and regular breaks.
We have tried to sync the Prelims and Mains Tests wherever possible.
One will have adequate time between every test to work on the shortcomings and improve on it. Mentorship will have a greater role to play and will have a greater impact.
We have made sure that you are able to devote 3-4 hours every day to your optional subject.
Two Months of Exclusive Focus on Prelims 2024.
Strategic Coverage of Syllabus – Questions for both Prelims and Mains Tests will be framed in such a way that the complete syllabus will be covered. Also, the topics are selected in such a way that you can cover the syllabus three times before your Prelims exam.
The program is designed in such a way that your progress is smooth and you can learn time management right from the beginning.
Step by Step improvement in answer writing along with better time management. It is important that you learn how to divide your time into a 3-hour Test. This you will be able to learn only when you are writing module-wise tests.
- Assignments with specific targets will add discipline to the preparation.
- Notes making from the beginning will help in easy revision and thorough study with better retaining capability.
- PYQ analysis will help understand UPSC question trends and align student’s preparation closely with UPSC demand and requirement.
- Mapping current events with UPSC syllabus will help students understand the relevance of various issues from a multidimensional standpoint.
- Being mentor monitored, students will benefit from thorough oversight and critical inputs in all their assignments.
- Our experts will conduct live solving sessions during the final lap (last 2 months) of preparation. Understanding multiple techniques to solve questions will boost student’s confidence and give them edge in the exam.
- Students will not be forced to go through time taking process of trial and error to master prelims, instead can benefit from the immense experience of our experts.
- Live solving will teach students the right thought process to approach questions.
- Prelims subject wise performance tracker will be given on the student’s portal Strength and weakness in different subjects can be tracked. This will help students to identify their weak areas and redesign their preparation strategy with help of mentors.
- Trends of marks will help students in assessing consistency and improvements in preparation.
There will be regular ‘Interaction sessions with the Toppers/Ex-Bureaucrats’, where you will get hands-on experience on the services and their experiences on the field.
To make the classroom a vibrant and energetic place, extracurricular activities will be arranged during the course duration.
To make sure that the seriousness and intensity of the course is maintained, a dedicated study centre access will be given to students (Until Prelims 2024). The study centre will also have a discussion room, where regular discussions will be held.
What Happens After Selection?
The schedule will start on June 26th. However, the following activities will be conducted which will help you to Kick Start your preparations
- Our Expert Mentor will get in touch with you.
- You will be given access to Babapedia.
- Mentor-guided effective newspaper reading sessions will be conducted.
- Solving of prelims PYQs.
- Basic Answer writing will be started wherein you will get to practice the answer writing skills.
- We have made the difference between Online and Offline negligible.
- All the features that the offline students will be getting are almost replicated in the online scenario.
- Mohan Sir will be having regular sessions with the online students.
- You will get access to IASbaba’s Study Portal (study.iasbaba.com) to access all the deliverables.
Gurukul Advanced Online
44,999 + 8,100(18% GST)
Gurukul Advanced OfflineBENGALURU ONLY
55,000 + 9,900(18% GST)
You can call us on 91691 91888 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit our centres:
- IASbaba Headquarters (HQ) – 2nd floor, Ganapathi Circle, 80 Feet Rd, Chandra Layout, Bengaluru.
- Admission Centre – No.38, 60 Feet Main Road, Chandra Layout, Attiguppe, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560040. Landmark: Opposite to BBMP Building
Delhi: Plot 22-B, 3rd floor, Pusa Road, Bada Bazar Marg, Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi- 110060 Landmark: Above Dominos
Lucknow: B-1/66, Sector J, Aliganj, Lucknow – 226024 Landmark: Near Mr Brown / Opp to Sahu Studio
Bhopal: 136, Near Vikramaditya College Zone -2, MP Nagar Bhopal, 462011, Madhya Pradesh