Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 15]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Dudhwa national park
- Brahmaputra river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Photochemical smog
- Venturi effect
- Urban floods
- Urban boundary layer
- Sources of urban pollution
3. Discuss the urban heat island effect. Which factors lead to this phenomenon? Discuss. (20 marks)
4. Many regions in India suffer from droughts. What are the various types of droughts? How do they occur? Is is possible to mitigate the effects of droughts? Discuss. (15 marks)
5. On an outline map of India, illustrate the climatic regions of India. What is the basis of this regionalization? Discuss. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :