Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 9]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Narmada Valley project
- Nallamala hills
- Palkonda range
- Sharavati river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Special category states
- Sustainable development
- River Interlinking Plan (RIP)
- NITI Ayog
- Centralised Planning
3. Linking the rivers to solve the problem of floods and droughts has many environmental fallouts that outweigh its advantages. Examine. (20 marks)
4. Discuss the potential of NITI Ayog as a forum to address regional disparities. (15 marks)
5. The developmental discourse in post independence India is characterised by lack of equity and equality among various regions. Do you agree? Examine. Discuss its causes and consequences.
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :