TLP OPTIONAL – 2017 : Anthropology [19th Aug, 2017] – Day 34 & 35
1) What is the basis of social stratification? Discuss with examples
2) Explain the concept of status and role in anthropology
3) Write a detailed note on polyandrous societies, citing Indian examples
4) Define marriage & describe the various types of marriages in human societies.
5) Where do you situate ‘live-in relationship’ within the institution of marriage?
6) Ways of acquiring a spouse in simpler societies
7) Describe various ways of getting mate in Primitive Society. Give examples from Indian context.
8) Matrilineal society
1) Discuss salient features of Mesolithic culture in India with special reference to western India.
2) Indian Paleolithic culture can neither be conceived chronologically homogenous nor as a uniform cultural phase. Discuss.
3) Discuss the significance of study of religious centres to the understanding of Indian civilization.
4) Soan culture.
5) Examine Gorden Childe’s statement ‘Neolithic_Culture is a Revolution
6) Comment in detail on the socio-cultural life of the people of the Indus Valley Civilization
7) Urban Planning in Harappan Culture
8) Iron age in Gangetic region