TLP OPTIONAL – 2017 : Sociology [19th Aug, 2017] – Day 31
Write short answers of the following questions in about 150-200 words each: (3×10 = 30 Marks)
- Social movement as an expression of protest
- Social movements in post-independence India
- Concept of reformative and revivalist social movement
Answer the following questions in about 250-300 words each: (2×20= 40 Marks)
- Give a brief account of the major social reform movements in the 19th and 20th century India. How and why can they be regarded fundamentally different from such movements in the past?
- Examine the role of Arya Samaj and Ramkrishna Mission on reform movements in India.