TLP Geography Optional 2018 [31st July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Kathiawar peninsula
- Chambal river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Critical isodapane
- Changes in the institution of marriage in India
- Central place theory and Indian cities
- Ethnic roots of religious minorities in India
- Major tribal regions in India
3. Examine the distribution, characteristics and problems of religious minorities in India. (20 marks)
4. What are the problems being faced by the tribals in India? How can those be addressed? Examine. . (15 marks)
5. Critically evaluate the applicability of the Central Place Theory in today’s globalised world. (15 marks)