Doorstep delivery of public services scheme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains II – Governance
- The doorstep delivery of public services scheme is implemented by the administrative reforms department of the Delhi government.
- The scheme offers 100 government services at the homes of citizens, helping them avoid queues, touts, bribery and multiple visits to government offices.
- Under the scheme, citizens can call on the number — 1076 — to avail government services. After the call, a person will visit the citizen and collect documents required for the service and process the request. Citizens can book an appointment online through www.edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in
- Now there are three ways to get things done at the government offices in Delhi—
- By visiting government offices, where the success rate is 57% and 43% of the applications get rejected;
- By applying online, wherein 45% of the applications get cleared while 55% get rejected; and
- Doorstep delivery, where the success rate is 91% and only 9% of the applications get rejected
- The high success rate in doorstep delivery is due to mobile Sahayaks’s intervention who ensure that all documents are complete and attached in the right order along with the applications.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :