Doorstep delivery of public services scheme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains II – Governance
- The doorstep delivery of public services scheme is implemented by the administrative reforms department of the Delhi government.
- The scheme offers 100 government services at the homes of citizens, helping them avoid queues, touts, bribery and multiple visits to government offices.
- Under the scheme, citizens can call on the number — 1076 — to avail government services. After the call, a person will visit the citizen and collect documents required for the service and process the request. Citizens can book an appointment online through www.edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in
- Now there are three ways to get things done at the government offices in Delhi—
- By visiting government offices, where the success rate is 57% and 43% of the applications get rejected;
- By applying online, wherein 45% of the applications get cleared while 55% get rejected; and
- Doorstep delivery, where the success rate is 91% and only 9% of the applications get rejected
- The high success rate in doorstep delivery is due to mobile Sahayaks’s intervention who ensure that all documents are complete and attached in the right order along with the applications.