Hunar Haats: Initiative by Minority Affairs Ministry
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Economy
- Hunar Haat is an exhibition of handicrafts and traditional products made by artisans from the Minority communities. It is organized by Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Hunar Haat is organized under USTTADscheme(Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development).
- The artisans who participate in the event will get national and international markets for their indigenous handmade products through “Hunar Haat”.
- It has proved to be Empowerment & Employment Exchange for master artisans and craftsmen
- The theme of the events to be organized between 2019 and 2020 is Ek Bharat Shresht Bharat
- Government has decided to organise about 100 “Hunar Haat” in the next five years across the country to provide market and employment opportunities