Convention on Migratory Species
Part of: GS Prelims –Environment and GS-III- Conservation
- India will host the 13th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS COP13)
- A major United Nations wildlife conference
- Theme“Migratory species connect the planet and together we welcome them home”.
From Prelims Point of View
- Signed in 1979 in Germany and is known as the Bonn Convention
- Environmental treaty of the UN that provides a global platform for the conservation and sustainable use of migratory animals and their habitats
- Only global convention specialising in the conservation of migratory species, their habitats and migration routes.
- Appendix I of the Convention lists ‘Threatened Migratory Species’.
- Appendix II lists ‘Migratory Species requiring international cooperation’
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :