Coronavirus: India temporarily suspends e-visa facility for Chinese and foreigners residing in China
Part of: GS Prelims –Sci & tech and GS-II – Health
- India temporarily suspended e-visa facility for Chinese travellers and foreigners residing in China in view of the coronavirus
From Prelims Point of View
- The India e-Visa is an electronic authorization to travel to India for business, tourism, or medical visits.
- When applying for an e-Visa, it is not necessary to submit your passport or other personal documents to the consulate.
- The e-Visa approval will be issued in advance electronically before your departure to India.
- At the immigration checkpoint the actual visa will be placed inside your passport.