Pakistan to remain FATF’s ‘Grey List’
- The International Co-operation Review Group (ICRG) of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) recommended that Pakistan be retained on the ‘Grey List’.
- Pakistan was placed on the grey list by the FATF last year for failing to curb anti-terror financing
- Due to it’s failure to completely implement the 27-point action plan to check terror financing
From Prelims Point Of View:
Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- Inter-governmental body established in 1989 on the initiative of the G7.
- Secretariat is housed at the OECD headquarters in Paris.
- Generate the necessary political will to bring about national legislative and regulatory reforms in various areas
- to set standards and promote effective implementation of legal, regulatory and operational measures
- Combating money laundering, terrorist financing and other related threats to the integrity of the international financial system.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :