Vodafone Idea pays ₹1,000 cr. in AGR dues
Part of: GS Prelims –Economy and GS-III- Taxation
- Vodafone Idea paid ₹1,000 crore more to the Department of Telecommunications (DoT)
From Prelims Point of View:
Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR)
- It is the usage and licensing fee that telecom operators are charged by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
- It is divided into spectrum usage charges and licensing fees
Spectrum Usage Charge
- It is the charge that is required to be paid by the licensees providing mobile access services, as a percentage of their Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR).
- The spectrum slabs/rates for the same are notified by the Government from time to time.