Vodafone Idea pays ₹1,000 cr. in AGR dues
Part of: GS Prelims –Economy and GS-III- Taxation
- Vodafone Idea paid ₹1,000 crore more to the Department of Telecommunications (DoT)
From Prelims Point of View:
Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR)
- It is the usage and licensing fee that telecom operators are charged by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
- It is divided into spectrum usage charges and licensing fees
Spectrum Usage Charge
- It is the charge that is required to be paid by the licensees providing mobile access services, as a percentage of their Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR).
- The spectrum slabs/rates for the same are notified by the Government from time to time.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :