Part of: GS Prelims and GS-I- Society; GS-II- Polity
- Supreme Court has held that a Hindu adoption is not valid unless the man takes prior consent from his wife and that there is actual ceremony of adoption
- These two conditions were mandated in the Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act of 1956
Prelims Value Addition
- Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) is statutory body of Ministry of Women & Child Development
- It is established under Juvenile Justice Act, 2015.
- It is a nodal body for adoption of Indian children.
- It is mandated to monitor and regulate in-country and inter-country adoptions.
- It deals in orphan, abandoned or surrendered children.
- It deals with inter-country adoptions according to Hague Convention on Inter-country Adoption, 1993 ratified by India in 2003.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :