National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) puts contingency plans in place to fight COVID-19
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Disaster Management
- NDRF was established in 2006 under The Disaster Management Act, 2005
- It comes under Ministry of Home Affairs
- It is the only dedicated disaster response force in the world
- It works under National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) which lays down policies, plans and guidelines for disaster management.
- Capabilities for undertaking disaster response, prevention, mitigation and capacity building
- At present there are 12 battalions in NDRF (three each from the BSF and CRPF and two each from CISF, ITBP and SSB) which are deployed strategically across country to provide immediate response.
- All battalions have been equipped and trained to respond natural and man-made disasters including chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) emergencies.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :